Thursday, June 21, 2007

Day 12: Torremolinos / Salsa Dancing / Reconquest of Spain

Today, I´m in Torremolinos also know as Costa de Sol. We arrived here at around 5pm and the beached are stunning. Tomorrow, were finally going to have a free day which means we can sleep in and then go to the beach all day long! I´m hoping when I get back to San Antonio I will have a awesome tan.

Last night was great! I had the amazing chance to go Salsa Dancing in Spain, and boy was is a blast. My gang and I got all dressed up and headed out to this little but happening Salsa Bar down the street from our hotel. The first thing that caught my eye was the beautiful portraits that were painted all over the walls, the portraits were that of famous salsa artist such as Celia Cruz and Tito Puente. Last night was exactly what I needed, to let lose and have a good time.

The reconquest of Spain which lasted 800 years is a huge part of of Spain´s history. This reconquest involved the Christians and the Moors who both invaded Spain in order to take control of the country. The great popular hero of the chivalrous age of Spain, born at Burgos in 1040; died at Valencia in the year of 1099. He was then given the title of seid or cid by the Moors and that of a champion by his admiring countrymen.

1 comment:

Aunt Linda Marie said...

OOOOO Salsa dancing, as paris hilton would say,"thats hot", and sounds like so much fun "G". And as far as the tan goes, if dont work here maybe over there lol... u are white as snow well maybe not quite that white but, u get the picture anywho keep having fun and ill see you soon.
PS-Witch where are all the pictures i only have them in my mind and your making me think lol